Wednesday, February 8, 2012

L.O.V.E.


Well, hello!  I know it’s been quiet around these parts lately.  I’ve been busy: work and the Radicals and we all had a nasty cold.  I’m doing the “What’s Your Love Story” link-up with Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama today.

How long have you and your significant other been together?  The Mister and I have been together for 8 years come March 23rd.
How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}  Haha!  I wouldn’t call it a love story.  We met in the parking lot of a bar.  It was last call and I was so ready to go home.  I was tired, I was tipsy, and I was ready to call it a night, err, morning.  I decided to go to the car and wait for my peeps.  Before y’all jump on my ass, we did have a DD.  Anyway, the Mister just happened to be parked right across from me and he just happened to be waiting for his peeps too.  Since I didn’t feel like sitting on concrete I had this bright idea to ask him if I could wait in his car.  Hey, a nice warm car was better than freezing my bum out in the cold!  We got to talking and I have to say that his attempt to “flirt” was a fail.  Maybe I wasn’t in the mood or maybe the fact that he was from the other side of the island turned me off.  He asked if I had a boyfriend and I don’t know what possessed me to say this but I responded with “Yeah I have 5, do you wanna be the 6th?”  I tend to be a smart-ass when I’m cranky but he didn’t give up.  My peeps finally made it to the car and when he tried to give me his number they were all “no, she doesn’t need your number!”   We drove off and that was that.  We ran into each other {at the same bar} again  a couple of months later and this time he made it a point to exchange numbers, but I never called him.  I didn’t even remember his name.  A couple of months later I get a call from him, we hang out; go on a couple of dates.  Eight years and 2 Radicals later, here we are.
If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}  I would like to but that subject is not talked about.  You can go here to read why.
 If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?  If a miracle happens and we do get married, it’ll be a small wedding with close family and friends.
Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!  We call each other “babe” or “hun/honey”.  The only time we use first names is if we’re mad.
 Name 3 things you love most about your honey.   1) His heart.  I’ve watched him grow and change greatly over the years.  1) His personality.  I know this is going to sound weird but he has a “unique” one that constantly challenges me in a good way. 3) The words that come out of his mouth.  Yep, it’s another weird one.  Most times, the things he talks about either kills me or makes me bust-a-gut-laugh.  Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?  Nothing yet.  And knowing him, if that day ever comes, he would be the one to say something like “so what?  you like get married?”  Typical.
Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?  Niether.  We don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day.  I know, we’re so dry!  Our view is that everyday should be a love day.  But now that we have Radicals, we bake some goodies.
Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?  Um, a sunset dinner on the beach.  We never get out so if the opportunity presents itself, I’ll take it.
Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?  I’d like to take him to travel the world and experience different cultures.  We need to get off of this rock J  If you ask him this question, it would have something to do with the ocean, on a boat, for weeks.  Ugh, I’m not too thrilled with that.
Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.  Nothing.  Oh wait, the Radicals and I are baking something. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?  Even though we don’t celebrate I’m using this day as an excuse to get a label maker.
Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.  Patience, communication, and kindness.  We clash all the time; that’s just our personalities but it doesn’t mean we don’t love each other.  He views the world in black and white.  I view the world in color.  What we do agree on is we are who we are and we’re not trying to change each other.  Oh, one last piece of advice: sex, lots of it.  Haha!
Show us a picture of what love means to you.























Love, love!
Jenn.

No comments: