Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Piece of Advice to Myself.


Remember in this post I said this “thing” is clinging to me and I couldn’t come up with a decent post?  Well, this “thing” is actually my emotions.  Lately, my heart has been heavy and my emotions are all over the creation.  They are coming from all angles and I’ve been trying to sort through them. 

I woke up yesterday determined to get it all out instead of keeping it bottled up and get it all out I did.  I released everything; I think I abused my keyboard and I also had a talk with one of the BFFs.  I felt better.  I felt like I could move forward with a fresh view. 

As I was out on the lanai this morning enjoying my coffee, I was reflecting on my emotions and how it affected my life for the past few weeks.  This is life and life isn’t always butterflies and rainbows.  I’m always going to have some type of issue and things are not always going to go my way.  I’ll come across somebody who will say or do something that pisses me off.  I get that but how I react is what needs to change.  I need to step back, gather my thoughts, and look at the big picture. 

Easier said than done, huh?  Yep, but the more I practice that the easier it’ll be.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still human and I can guarantee you that in some cases, in the heat of the moment, I will let my emotions get the best of me but I’m human and we all do it.  What I’m saying is that I am aiming to be in a positive light for the most part. 

And then I had an epiphany. 

It hit me like a ton of coconuts and at that moment I said to myself out loud (at 6:30am, haha!) “Oh my gosh!  You sooooo need to practice what you preach!” 

All this time I’ve been giving advice to others about looking at the big picture, think before you speak, it’s not the end of the world, live your life and don’t let others bring you down, if you were to put your problems up on a tree alongside everyone else you’ll gladly take yours back, and blah, blah, and blah. 

Why is it so easy for me to give advice but so hard to take use it?  Don’t answer that…haha! 

Anyway, I am feeling a whole lot better and now I can move forward and get some shiz done.  Shiz meaning my work (which is piling up, sorry mom!).  And come to think of it, I have a lot of posts which have been sitting in my drafts.  Great, now I can post on a regular basis instead of going MIA all the time. 

Well lovelies, that’s all I got for now.  Have a lovely day!

Peace out!

Jenn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post..good advice for all of us..well all of ME! Lol! So glad you're posting, I really appreciate your writing and wisdom. The "creative persons conundrum"..tons of ideas, tons of books, materials, web sites and having a struggle just putting one foot in front of the other..so we go forward! Love you..oh, btw, where did you get your blog "skin" so nice!

Emily grapes said...

This has been me lately. I blew up on Tuesday in public. Definitely didn't handle that day's situations the way I should have at all.

Its just so much easier offering the right words to others, than actually applying them to our own lives. I'm working on it myself!!