Thursday, January 26, 2012

The post about nothing...

I’ve been up since 3:30am and what do I do?  Read blogs all morning and now that the sun is shining its beautiful face; I’m kicking myself in the butt.  I was so not productive.  Not that reading blogs isn’t productive.  I learn a lot and the people are awesome.
  
I’m a bit behind on my challenge.  Challenge, what challenge?  A 21 day organizing challenge because this house has too much stuff!  But I don’t have the energy for that right now.  Speaking of challenges, I never posted about my 90 day challenge from last year.  Want to know why?  I haven’t started it yet.  Procrastinator.  I know, judge if you will. 

Wait, I’m a bit behind on everything.  This week has been a big blur.  The Mister has been off since Tuesday and to be honest, his presence is messing up my rotation.  What a bittersweet feeling I have when he has unexpected days off.  I love it because he’s home and the Radicals are super stoked but at the same time, I can’t stand it.  My day week has been totally thrown off.  All of a sudden I have no motivation to do what needs to be done.  Or when I do have the motivation, he has other plans that so do not go well with my plan.  I don’t know how to describe what I’m feeling.  I’m sure I’m just yapping away right now but I can’t help it.  I feel blank; like all the “plans” I had for this week went out the window.  And when I try to think of what those “plans” were, I got nada.  Seriously, when my days are thrown off, my mind turns to mush. 

I’ve been practicing the “my cup is half full” approach and I can kind of see the change.  Anyway, where was I going with this?  Oh yes, since The Mister has been home all week, he’s been outside working on his boat and of course the Radicals want to follow.  And right now I feel they are not old enough to be out there unattended so it is my duty to “play” outside with them.  Ugh.  This week is a busy “work” week and amongst all the other things that need to be done, my plan for playing outside was supposed to be slim. 

Anyway, haha!  What was my point?  See, I’m so scatter-brained that I keep rambling off…where was I?  Think Jenn…oh, no little time for playing outside and a mushy mind.  So since we’ve been in the yard all week I was thinking that I could work after the Radicals went to bed but that never happened.  This is the time I wish I had a laptop so I could take my work outside with me.  Note to self: need laptop asap.  And as for my mushy mind, I tend to have my “oh, I remember what I was supposed to do!” moment when I’m outside and by the time I get inside the house, I forget again.  I know I’m so lame but it happens.  Don’t’ hate me for it.  Can I still use “I have mommy brain” as an excuse? 

Back to this morning, I’ve been awake since 3:30am.  The Radicals kept getting up and after the millionth time I figured I would just stay up.  Before y’all think I’m nuts, I have good reasons: 1) I was getting more tired because every time I would drift back into lala land, one of them would get up and that was just kill fight already.  But of course, as soon as I’m wide awake, nobody decides to get up.  Typical.  And 2) I thought it would be a grand idea to get as much work in before the Radicals got up because once again, the Mister has a day off and we’ll be outside all day long.  I still need to do laundry and pack because we are going home-home for the weekend!  Can I get a woo-hoo?!  But I’m not ready and to my mother (if you’re reading this which I’m sure you’re probably not because you’re too busy working),  my work is not complete, therefore you will not be receiving it when I get home.

Whew, I needed to get that off of my chest.  Sometimes I feel that if I let it out, I can move forward with a fresh view.

That was my vent session for today the week.  Oh, did I tell you that I picked up some Lilikoi butter at the farmer’s market last week?  If I ruled the world, I would eat that and only that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  On toast of course.  Y’all didn’t think I would just eat spoon-fulls of butter did you?



Have a happy day after hump day!!

jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally hear you on feeling thrown off when the Mister's schedule is different ... I go through that often as well. Sometimes he has class, sometimes he has work, sometimes they switch his work shift unexpectedly, etc. As much as I love routine .. I try and embrace the moment for what it is. Instead of feeling thrown off a bit from my usual daily routine ... I try and cherish the time together as a family. That laundry pile? It can wait. The floors that need mopped? They can wait. Instead ... I put my usual tasks on hold and cherish the time together ;)

LeeOhana said...

That's one of the reasons I love blogging...to vent...LOL!

I love Lilikoi butter! I haven't had some in a long time.