Friday, February 24, 2012

A Conversation with Radical #1



Radical #1: “Mom, my dump truck is broken.”

Me: “Oh man!  Maybe if you take care of your toys, they won’t break.”

Radical #1: “Oh yeah.  But can I get a new one because this one is broken?”

Me: “Um, no.  You need to take care and play nicely with your toys so they don’t break.”

Radical #1: “But please, mom!”

Me: “Just because your toy breaks doesn’t mean you can always get a new one.”

Radical #1: “Yes mom, you can get me a new one from the store!”

Me: “A store?  What store?”

Radical #1: “Wal-Mart!”

Me: laughing…”You need money to get stuff from Wal-Mart!”

Radical #1: “Okay, you give me some money to get a new dump truck at Wal-Mart?”

Me: “What?  No, it doesn’t quite work that way.”

Radical #1: “Oh okay.  How’s about I ask the lady at the Wal-Mart for money because my dump truck is broken and then with the money I can get a red dump truck!”

Me: still laughing…”Okay, good luck with that, buddy!”

What the what?  I think he’s been hanging out with my mother and Tutu Lady too much.

Have a happy Friday!
Jenn.

No comments: