Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Coconut Island

Hello, friends!  How are you on this fine Wednesday?  I hope all is well!

I got a message from the Mister’s cousin saying she’s was going to be in town on Tuesday and she wanted to see the Radicals.  Well, our visit took all of 30 seconds until she had to be back on the bus to finish their tour.  Her and her halau were on a cruise and they had a tight, strict schedule to stick to. 

Anyhoo, I decided to take the Radicals to Lili’uokalani Gardens to let them burn off their energy run around but when we got there I changed my mind and took them to Coconut Island. 

Do you know that I’ve lived on the east side for 7 years and I’ve never been to Coconut Island?  Lame, I know.  Wait, I went there when I was little but my memory bank doesn’t travel that far back so I consider this trip the first time. 

Even though the weather was cold and windy, I was in awe.  It was beautiful.  There’s a large grassy area for the Radicals to run loose.  Picnic tables.  Bathrooms.  The ocean.  Ugh, this place has been here forever and only now I’m bringing the Radicals here?  Well that’s about to change.  We will definitely be going back more often.  Enough with the talking writing, here’s some pictures of our mini adventure…sorry in advance for the picture overload!











It was a good day.
Jenn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

pililani81 said...

Looks like you all had fun! Coconut Island is great but if you go on the weekends its crazy!