Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lately...


Don’t mind my hideous pink carpet.  It was the trend back in the day ‘cause our house is not the only one with pink carpet!




yes, those big red boxes are my Christmas tree and décor.  I’m having a hard time putting them away.  If I ruled the world, I’d never take my decorations down.

This has been life in our household.  It has been chaos.  I don’t normally let it come to this but lately I’ve been shrugging it off.  That’s life and sometimes I need to let it go.  I look at this and think to myself how this needs to be cleaned pronto but lately I’d rather spend time with the radicals. 

Hearing “mom, can we read a book?” or “mom, come build a castle with us!” or “mom, can you troll my mote?”  Which translates to “mom, can you find my remote?” warms my heart.  Time has been going by so fast that I want to cherish these moments turning the “trolling his mote” into some kind of adventure.  I want to be present, mentally, as my little radicals are growing up.  I’ve wasted so much time in the past worrying about my to-do lists and planning ahead that I forgot to live in the moment.

Other than letting the mess go and spending some QT with the radicals, I’ve been working.  I have the pleasure of being a SAHM and working from home. 


It’s an eye-sore isn’t it?!  I know I need to get organized and I do have a hard time working in these conditions but for now, it’ll have to do. 


Oh and laundry, it never ends.  Although they still need to be folded and put away, at least they’re clean right?



Yep, that would be crayon on the wall behind him…

As long as the laundry is clean, my radicals are fed and bathed, and my attention is all theirs, everything else can wait for now. 

Life is good.
jenn

1 comment:

Allie said...

DUDE Amen to that! The cleaning does not matter and can WAIT!:)