Monday, June 4, 2012

Life happenings


We took our family photos on Saturday.  The last time we did a family photo was never so I was excited.  Photos done by Miss Connie at Island Buzzy.  I didn’t want the “studio look”; I wanted her to get us in action, how we the Radicals really are, and just us in everyday life.  I wanted our pictures to show the real us.  It was pouring cats and dogs but we didn’t let that stop us.  And speaking of real, this is how the weather is most of the time.  Radical #2 wanted nothing to do with the photo shoot so that’s him in true form: sassy and on his own schedule and with his binky.  I like them and I like how they portray us our chaos.  And I’m just stoked that we finally have a family photo.  The Mister and I haven’t had a picture together in 4 years too so I’m happy she got some of us.  So thank you, thank you, thank you to Miss Connie.  And thanks for being a trooper in the rain!  I miss your face and our talks.  Hopefully we can change that in the near future.

Radical #2 rather play with the water fountain

Connie: Okay now, act like you love each other…

Radical #2 still on his own schedule


I don’t want to, dad!

Trying to convince him that taking pictures are fun

Radical #1 was a trooper




I took a blogging break for a week.  Life has been busy.  The Radicals, work, school, keeping up with the house…the usual.  Other life changing things have been happening and I’ll be sure to give you an update on that later.  Promise.

Potty training is in full swing with Radical #2.  It came out of nowhere and it’s to the point where he insists on going to the toilet when we’re out in public.  Oy.  But hooray!  Diapers will be non-existent.  For now….

The Radicals’ room is slowly coming together.  I actually let them sleep in there so see, I’m learning to let go.

And lastly, WE’RE GOING ON VACATION on Wednesday!  The kind of vacation where you fly on a plane to get to your destination.  I am so excited!  It’s been 4 years since we’ve been on a vacation.  Even though we’re just going to O’ahu, I’m still happy to get off of this rock.  I cannot wait to take the Radicals to the zoo.  Sometimes I think I’m more excited than they are.  I also cannot wait to see family.  It’s been a while.  We’re staying for 5 days so I’ll be taking another blogging break.  I’ll be sure to do a re-cap of all the adventures when I get back.    

Today I’ll be wrapping up my work, cleaning house, completing the ginormic pile of laundry, and packing.  Happy Monday and I hope your day is great!

Jenn.


No comments: