Friday, August 12, 2011

Negative on Going Home, Overwhelmed with Thoughts, & a 2nd Birthday.

Shucks!  I was so looking forward to going home this weekend but duty calls so I guess I’ll get over it. 

Little Man #2 decided to do a rise and shine this morning at 3am.  Didn’t go back to sleep until 5am and then woke again at 7:45am.  Great, just great!  Since I've been up since 3am, I drank 8 cups of coffee and got half of my homework done.  So that’s a good thing, right?

I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that is going through my brain that it went into shut down mode.  Could it be the reason for the lack of a clever blog post?  Boo!  Does anyone else go through that?  Please tell me you all do.  Anyway, my brain needs to come back soon because I’ve got a lot to do.  I can’t wait until my projects are done AND Little Man #2’s 2nd birthday is right around the corner.  Okay, 2 months away but I know it’ll come in a blink of an eye!  I feel that his 1st birthday wasn’t much of a celebration for him.  And it wasn’t as big as his brothers.  Not that I wanted it to be that big but I didn’t really go all out {in a small way} if that makes sense.  Anyway, I want to go all out even though it’s his 2nd birthday so I’m thinking about a “beach party” theme but we’re not really at the beach?  I’ll have his little kiddo pool, a slip & slide, and the cute little sprinkler thingy my mom bought them.  I’m thinking of having it at the parental’s house since they have a nice grassy area that’s fenced in.  And since Little Man #2 loves to wander off like it’s nobody’s business I figure I can keep him locked up.  Okay, that didn’t sound too good but you get the picture right?

I found some cute cut outs for cupcake toppers, birthday banners, favor labels, and thank you tags for his theme.  I have so much ideas and things I want to do.  The Mister thinks I’m crazy because I’m going all out for his 2nd birthday and the theme is “beach” but were not at the beach even though were surrounded by beaches.  Ugh, whatever!  And speaking of cupcakes, I’m going to try my hand at fondant.  Dun dun dun…I’m also thinking of shaping little “beach” animals to put on top of the cupcakes with the cupcake toppers.  Is that too much?  That’s my thought but we’ll see if it actually happens.

I know its 2 months away but I don’t want to be a complete stress head when the day rolls around so I’ll continue to plan now.

Did I tell you how I get warm and fuzzy when my kiddos hug each other?  Ah, the love.  They hug when they get up to say good morning, they hug when one is hurt, and they hug for reasons I’m not sure of most times.  I love it that they love giving hugs.  I love hugs too!  And of course my camera is not on hand to capture it even though it likes to play tricks on me...

I haven’t been posting pictures lately because my camera has had a mind of its own.  Sometimes it turns on or sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it'll show me what I'm taking pictures of but sometimes its not in the mood.  Little Man #2 dropped it during Father’s Day weekend and now it only cooperates when it feels like it.  So since my birthday is in 2 months too, I’ve been hinting to The Mister about the new camera I so need want.

That is all for now…TGIF!

Have a fabulous Friday!
jenn

1 comment:

Allie said...

EWE on being awake since 3am!! HORRIBLE! lol I feel your pain!! A beach party is a really cute idea! Let me know how fondant goes, I tried to do it over a cake and it sucked for me but I think molding would be easier! Have fun planning mama!! xo