Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Review

1) I was told “We going make imu this weekend”……oh really???  Who is ‘we’?  Ha!  Okay, it’s not that bad.  A lot of hard work but worth every last bite!  AND, it’s just another reason to get together, eat, and drink!  Ah, I work for food and alcohol…psshhh!  Who am I kidding?  It’s a lot of hard work for the people actually working!  Me?  I was busy yapping my mouth with a sweet friend I haven’t seen for a while!  Anyway, anyone up for some laulau and kalua pig?  Obviously I was talking too much because this is the only picture I got.


Okay, just a little 411 just in case I’m blogging gibberish:
Imu: underground oven.  And no, we don’t cook in an imu everyday. 
Laulau: beef, fish, chicken, taro, or pork wrapped in luau (taro) leaves.
Kalua pig: shredded pork

2) We made dried fish.  It’s almost like beef jerky but instead of beef we use fish.  So, fish jerky!?!  It’s a great snack and it also goes well with beer.  My kids will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if they ruled the world.  It costs an arm and a leg if you were to buy it so The Mister had the bright idea of making our own.  Great!  I just hope he doesn’t ask me to sit on the side of the road and sell the stuff.  A big no thank you very much!

3) One of the carport’s posts decided to hit me while I was driving in.  It made a really big noise and I thought for sure it was going to come crashing down on me.  It shocked me so much that I was reverse psychology-ing  it; it, as in the post…

4) I finished my homework-finally.  That’s part of the reason I’ve been MIA in bloggerville.  I like the sound of bloggerville better than blogland.

5) And finally, to wrap up the weekend, we took a cruise down to Opihikau…

And Kapoho…

What a way to end a fabulous weekend :)
 
Also, Happy Birthday to my big-little bro!! Hope you all have a great week!
jenn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, I'll sit on the side of the road and sell the jerky with you...lol! Love your pics and being out in Opihikau...one of my favorite places to go...xoxo Connie