1) I was told “We going make imu this weekend”……oh really??? Who is ‘we’? Ha! Okay, it’s not that bad. A lot of hard work but worth every last bite! AND, it’s just another reason to get together, eat, and drink! Ah, I work for food and alcohol…psshhh! Who am I kidding? It’s a lot of hard work for the people actually working! Me? I was busy yapping my mouth with a sweet friend I haven’t seen for a while! Anyway, anyone up for some laulau and kalua pig? Obviously I was talking too much because this is the only picture I got.
Okay, just a little 411 just in case I’m blogging gibberish:
Imu: underground oven. And no, we don’t cook in an imu everyday.
Laulau: beef, fish, chicken, taro, or pork wrapped in luau (taro) leaves.
Kalua pig: shredded pork
2) We made dried fish. It’s almost like beef jerky but instead of beef we use fish. So, fish jerky!?! It’s a great snack and it also goes well with beer. My kids will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if they ruled the world. It costs an arm and a leg if you were to buy it so The Mister had the bright idea of making our own. Great! I just hope he doesn’t ask me to sit on the side of the road and sell the stuff. A big no thank you very much!
3) One of the carport’s posts decided to hit me while I was driving in. It made a really big noise and I thought for sure it was going to come crashing down on me. It shocked me so much that I was reverse psychology-ing it; it, as in the post…
4) I finished my homework-finally. That’s part of the reason I’ve been MIA in bloggerville. I like the sound of bloggerville better than blogland.
5) And finally, to wrap up the weekend, we took a cruise down to Opihikau…
What a way to end a fabulous weekend :)
Also, Happy Birthday to my big-little bro!! Hope you all have a great week!