Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Project: The Radicals' Room

Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week is going great!  So, I’m finally posting about the project that had me SO excited but then reality hit and well, I’m not SO excited anymore. 

Let’s do a little recap first, shall we?  Remember my complicated living situation?  I mentioned that the house we live in belongs to the Mister’s mom and we’re taking care of it until she decides to come back.  I also mentioned that the Radicals don’t have a room of their very own because all the other rooms are taken.  And that means they sleep in my room and I secretly thought that this would be the set up until they were teenagers.  Ugh. 

Anyway, while the Mister’s mom was home for Merrie Monarch week she told me she had a project for me to do and to start on it when I had time.  I immediately thought what more is there to do?  I already cleaned and re-organized the entire house.  Well, she gave me the green light to move all of her stuff in her room to the upstairs room.  And I can make her room the Radicals’ room.  What?!  Really?!  This is the room I’m working with…



I moved all of her stuff upstairs and started to move some of the Radicals’ things in there. 

**side note: I thought I took pictures of the room when it was empty but I’m not finding them. 

Anyway, the Radicals were pumped.  I was pumped.  Until…night time came and Radical #1 asked me if he could sleep in his room.  And that’s when reality set in.  I realized that I wasn’t ready for this.  I told him no and that he should just sleep in mommy’s room for tonight.  And then he cried and said “but mom, it’s my room!” 

There’s still a lot to do in there and I’m using that excuse as to why he can’t sleep in there yet.  I know, I’m so mean.  But there really is a lot more to do.  I can’t fit both of their beds in there so I’m still trying to figure that out.  The bed that is currently in there is a water bed and I’m not up to moving it myself.  And besides, I haven’t figured out where to put it because this house has too much furniture. 

I need closet doors.  I need storage and décor ideas.  They’ve never had their own space before and I want it to reflect them.  Am I being weird and over the top? 


Pinned Image
this set up would be cute if I could fit 2 beds
Anyway, I’m still searching décor and storage ideas and I’ll let y’all know my progress…if I ever make any!  I’ll get over my attachment issues soon.  I think once their room is done and I’m happy with it, I’ll be more open to letting them sleep in there.  Maybe….

Are there any other moms out there who went through this or something similar?  Is it just me who had their kids sleep in my room since birth?  I’m thinking that I wouldn’t have these issues if they had their own room from the very beginning.  Anyway, feel free to give me any ideas or advice or if you feel the need to yell at me and tell me to get over my attachment issues, that’ll do too. 

To be continued…
Jenn.

No comments: