Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Best Present Ever!


Has anyone talked to a tree before?  Talked, prayed, or begged to a tree?  No?  I have.  But before you go thinking that I’m some kind of lunatic, hear me out.  

Before Lychee season started I talked, prayed, and finally begged our tree to please give us some fruit this year.  I’ve lived here for 7 years and our tree gave fruit only once.

So the season came and I got nothing, nada, zilch….sad, sad face.  I thought that maybe the grocery would have some.  Nope.  Then I thought that I would go to the farmer’s market.  They would definitely have some.  But I never made it there.

Everywhere I drove, I would see trees with uka-piles of fruit on them.  There are trees everywhere I turn and I have to say I was jealous.  Every time we drove somewhere Lychee would be the topic of the whole drive.  

I would constantly tell the Mister that my mouth was watering just by looking at them.  I just had to satisfy my craving for this juicy yummy-ness.  I saw a tree that was low enough for me to pick some.  I wanted so badly for him to pull over just so I could pick one or maybe two or maybe a handful.  But that didn’t happen.  

Thoughts of being a night ninja crossed my mind.  Dress in all black and when night fell I would steal from the Lychee rich to give to the Lychee poor.  Hey, it could happen!  

I finally came to terms that I wouldn’t be consuming the juicy yummy-ness this year and I’ll just have to wait until next year.  Hmph.  

Anyhoo, last week the Mister came home from work and said he had a surprise for me.  And since he doesn’t listen to me 90% of the time, I was thinking it was a bottle of wine, pizza, or a canned Mt. Dew…you know, the usual.  

But alas, the Mister really does listen to me!  The surprise was a bag of Lychee.  Oh thank, thank you, THANK YOU!!!  I was in heaven.  And I was like a little kid..."it's mine, it's MINE and I'm not sharing!"  


I’m trying my hardest to conserve the goods but it’s oh so good.  Is it horrible of me to not share the goodness with the Radicals?  Haha, I eat them in hiding so they don’t see me.  I always share my food with them but this?  Sorry guys.  In this case, “sharing is caring” does not apply.  This is for me and only me.  Horrible right?  Okay, now I feel bad so maybe I’ll give them one each.  Just one.  

I hope everyone is having a great day!  
Jenn.

No comments: