Thursday, May 17, 2012

I have friends; the dentist is not one of them.

Hello again!  On top of my emotions and the craziness that went on for the past couple of weeks, I’ve been having some massive blog-farts!  Haha!  Anyway, I’m slowly getting back into the blogging groove. 

On Monday, I was scheduled for a tooth extraction.  Or you can say I had a tooth pulled, for a not so glamorous term.  Tooth extraction, pulled tooth, pulling teeth…same thing. 

Pinned Image
via
Let’s start from Sunday, the day of my last meal.  I was told that I wasn’t allowed to eat or drink ANYTHING 8 hours prior to my appointment.  I no joke ate like I was never going to eat again.  I was fine and stuffed from all the food and junk I ate until Monday morning rolled around. 

Pinned Image
via
I, the person who has to have her coffee or else all hell will break loose, couldn’t have it.  Not even the tiniest drop to tickle my taste buds.  I wasn’t a happy camper.  My appointment wasn’t until 10am so I tried my hardest to keep myself busy until it was time to go. 

Pinned Image
via

I finally made it there and the receptionist informed me that they were running 20 minutes behind.  I could feel myself getting hot but I didn’t take out my no-coffee-having frustrations on her.  Lucky girl.  So I sat and waited and I gotta tell you, I felt like this dentist office was torturing me.  I was already irate at the fact that I couldn’t have my morning usual and they had an area set up with coffee and water right in front of me.  It was torture.  I could have punched the guy sitting next to me.  But I didn’t.  I kept my cool as I watched all these people make their drinks and sip them in pleasure. 

Pinned Image
via

Half an hour, which seemed like a lifetime, went by only for the receptionist to tell me “I’m really sorry but it’s going to be another 20 minutes.”  Is she provoking me to reach out and touch her?  I was all sorts of annoyed that morning.  I’m not fond of admitting that but it’s the truth. 

Pinned Image
via

Pinned Image
via

“Jennifer?” said the nurse.  That’s me, that’s me!!  I couldn’t be any happier that I was closer to making this torture stop.  I went in, sat on the chair, and waited for the dentist to come in.  I don’t have any issues with pulling teeth or having my teeth drilled but what happened next is what I had an issue with.  While they were attaching me to a machine, they explained that they will put me to sleep for this procedure?  What the what?  Can’t you just numb my mouth, pull my tooth, and call it a day?  I know, what a wimp. 

So as the dentist is injecting me with this evil stuff, he tells me “You’re going to start feeling dizzy and sleepy soon!”  He wasn’t even done injecting the stuff and I was feeling it.  I don’t remember anything about the procedure but when I came to, I felt like I was in the twilight zone.  I could hear voices.  They sounded far away but when I finally tried to focus, it was the nurse sitting next to me.  Really creepy I tell you.  It was a weird and scary experience.  It was like one of those movies where it’s dark and there’s a consistent light flashing.  I didn’t feel like I had control of myself.  I felt drunk and embarrassed that I couldn’t talk normal.  The nurse walked me to my car which was even more embarrassing because I couldn’t walk straight! 

The Mister was getting a kick out of it.  He thought I was hilarious when I told him we needed to go to Wal-Mart to get my wine.  All this and all I could focus on was wine.  Now you know my priorities….I kid! 

Anyhoo, that was my horrible experience with being sedated and I do not, I repeat DO NOT, ever want to go through that again.  It’s been 3 days and I’m ready to eat something other than mashed potatoes and tomato soup.  It’s been fun but I’ll be fine without you for the rest of the year. 

So how’s about you guys?  Any weird or traumatizing experiences at the dentist?  Do share! 

Until then,
Jenn.

No comments: