Thursday, September 15, 2011

Prankster.

I mentioned the prank caller yesterday and said I would be back to post about it tomorrow which is today.  So here it goes…

I woke up to my phone ringing at 530am.  Panic sets in if my phone rings in the wee hours of the morning or late at night.  Weird, I know.  So I jump out of bed in a panic, run to the phone, and answer.  The caller is whispering something that I couldn’t understand let alone hear.  At one point I thought I heard them say to hang up the phone or to put down the phone.  So I say in the loudest voice possible (at 530am, haha) “you need to speak louder because I can’t hear you!” 

The mister comes out asks me what was going on and yelling at me to hang up the phone all while I’m trying to stretch my ear drum to hear this person.  The grumpy mister tells me to hang up and he goes back to bed.  Less than a minute later the person calls back and they are still whispering.  I say to the person “if you’re not going to speak louder, then stop calling because I CAN’T HEAR YOU!”  click. 

The phone immediately starts ringing.  It’s the same whispering person and this time I swear they were saying to hang up the phone to which I replied “WELL I WOULD HANG UP BUT YOU KEEP CALLING!”  click.  Phone rings again and this time I keep it on speaker hoping that they would start talking instead of whispering.  Nothing.  So I go about my business while the phone is still on and then I start to freak myself out. 

 See, I think I watch too much law & order, csi, and criminal minds because I thought that maybe they were tapping my phone, tracking me down, and coming to kill or kidnap me.  And then I got even more freaked out because it was still dark and the mister had to work that day and I didn’t want to be alone just in case something were to happen.  A little dramatic, I know but it could happen.  So I hang up the phone and this person called back three more times! 

The mister finally had enough, asked me why in the world am I wasting my time with this person at 530 in the morning, and unplugged the phone.  I told him about my paranoia and how I was sad that he had to go to work.  He gave me the ‘you watch too much crime shows’ look and asked if I wanted him to tell the guys he couldn’t come to work today because I’m paranoid.  Haha.  No honey, you go on your merry way and I’ll do my best to fend off any crazy people. 

So that was my morning full of weird phone calls.  In the past I’ve had calls during the day but at 530am?  Weird.  I didn’t think people would get their thrills that way early in the morning.  Or it could have been someone tapping my phone or possibly I got caught in the middle of a super secret mission going down over the phone and that’s why they were telling me to hang up the phone!  Yeah jenn, I’m sure that last one was what it was…I hope y’all had a beautiful day!  


jenn

No comments: