Friday, September 16, 2011

Patience Really Does Pay Off.

I’m patient and impatient at the same time, if that makes sense.  Haha.  When it comes to me, I’m patient.  I’m willing to put off what I want to do or get something I need.  I like to look at it as putting others wants and needs before mine.  I can give you tons of examples but that’s not for this post.  When it comes to other people (the radicals, the mister, family, friends, and complete strangers), I’m very impatient.  If I’m going to do something, it needs to be done right then and there.  It makes me cringe to do a little at a time.  I know it’s ridiculous and I’ll get over it.  I’ll try to save the world one  day at a time.  So anyway, one of my projects was to create the radicals a play area since they don’t have a room of their very own.  The first things to get were an activity table and some kind of organizing thing.  Thanks to pinterest and my fellow bloggers I had all kinds of ideas.

I came across a lot of activity tables online but most of them were out of my budget.  Although they were cute, I just couldn’t afford it.  We went home one weekend and I was on a mission to have all furniture by the time the weekend was over.  While browsing through target for some organizers, I stumble upon an activity table.  It was the cutest thing ever, just the right size I was looking for, and the color was right up my alley.  But, because there’s always a but, the price was 100 bucks, just for the table!  I found the matching chairs which were separate (weird but whatev) and they were 50 something bucks.  I wanted to get it because I’m an impatient person and just wanted this play area to be done but that means I would be shelling out 250 bucks that day.  Judge if you will but the guilt was setting in. 

I was willing to invest dinero in the activity table because after all, it’s supposed to last for 3+ years but I had a feeling that I could get a better deal somewhere else or maybe something else that comes in a set.  Yeah, my budget was no more than 250 bucks but with that 250 bucks I was hoping to get something more.  Like maybe 4 chairs instead of 2?  So I decided to wait and look somewhere else.  Where was that somewhere else?  I don’t know. 

I told the mister about my find at target and he told me I should have just got it.  Ugh.  Mission half accomplished.  I don’t know about you but I don’t like to see a space halfway done.  I know, I know…have patience. 

A week later I decide to look at target online and what do I find?!?  I find the exact table on clearance for $35.  SCORE!!  Sold, I’ll take it.  I look to see if I can find the chairs and they were on sale for $45.  SCORE again!  As I proceed to check out I’m reminded of the shipping.  Darn shipping!  I delete the chairs from my shopping cart and decide to just get the table.  $35 plus $30 in shipping is cheaper than $100, right?  Right but something was telling me to wait.  So I wait. 

A few weeks go by and my mom calls to ask if I ordered the radicals table.  No, no I did not.  I was guessing I should get on it just in case the clearance was no longer a clearance.  I’m back online at target, the table is still on clearance, and I decide to look at the chairs again.  Still on sale so I tell myself to suck it up (because too much time has passed) and get it. 

Proceed to check out and guess what I see?  I see a note (a note that wasn’t there before) that the two items I am about to purchase is….eligible for FREE SHIPPING!!!  No effing way!  Sold and sold.  Get it, get it now or forever hold your peace jenn!  So I scored the table and chairs for 80 bucks!  And I just received the chairs yesterday and the table is on its way.  I couldn’t have been anymore stoked.  So you see my friends, I learned a very valuable lesson.  Be patient and good things will come.  But I’m sure y’all knew that. 

Have an awesome Friday!!
jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome bargain! :)

Allie said...

That is awesome!! Way to go mama!