Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey pumpkins and what I'm thankful for


Happy Thanksgiving week!  Do you ever say things like “Thanksgiving is next week!” and in the following sentences you say stuff like “and such and such will be up on the blog?” But it doesn’t really sink in that it’s really Thanksgiving week until two days before Thanksgiving.  I’m one of those people who say stuff like that not really thinking about it and then panics because I now realize how much shit needs to be done and blogging is put on the back burner once again.

Sorry for the crappy pictures but here’s the Radicals turkey pumpkins we made a couple (or maybe one) of weeks ago.  We got these pumpkins the weekend before Halloween and I didn’t want to just throw it out because they were still good.  I thought it was a fun project but the Radicals gave up two minutes into cutting out the pieces.  In the end I was the one who cut them out and they got to color and stick the pieces onto the pumpkin.  Here’s the link if you want to try it out next year.




We have a busy week so I probably won’t be back until next week.  Me and my big Betty Crocker mouth thought it was a grand idea to make pumpkin pies and cookies and now?  I’m kicking myself because 1) I’ve never made a pumpkin pie in my life and 2) I have so much stuff (like homework and laundry and cleaning) to complete before we leave on Thursday.  I’m praying for myself and for those who will eat the pies.  It can’t be that hard right?

And since I’ve been seeing the ‘What I’m Thankful For’ lists going around, I thought I’d say what I’m thankful for too.  Not to get off track or anything, but I want to work on being thankful every day, not just during this time of year.  I mean, I’m thankful every day but I don’t get all sappy like I do now.  Anyway, I’m thankful for…

my Radicals.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, they are my world.  If not for them, I wouldn’t be who I am today and I wouldn’t have learned all that they have taught me.  Love, patience, multi-tasking, how to open the eyeballs that has miraculously grown on the back of my head.



the Mister.  Without him, I wouldn’t have Radicals and the fact that I know more about fishing than I’d actually like to know.  LOL! 



the parentals.  Advice, guidance, and always being there for us.  Life lessons and the times I thought I was getting the crappy end of the stick which prompted the dramatic “my parents are soooo unfair!!!



my brothers.  They make my life that much more interesting.




my besties.  We’ve been through a lot of ups and downs and in the end, we still are besties that will grow old together hanging out in our rocking chairs on the front porch drinking our brew and shamelessly hollering and waving our canes at the luscious young eye candy that pass by.



my Momo.  The sister I never had even though we rarely see each other.  I’m looking forward to the for real coffee dates and hang out sessions that will come soon.  Very, very soon.

this is the only picture we have together...


the SIL.  Without her, I wouldn’t have my very first nephew.  And it’s like having another sister I never had.

w/Radical #2.  I don't have a picture of my nephew yet :(

 …the rain.  I’ve never been so grateful for rain until I moved here because it fills up my tank.

Okay, so this post was longer than I expected.  Sorry.  There is so much more I am thankful for but I'll be kind and stop now.  

I hope y’all have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving.  Eat lots of yummy food.  Enjoy the time with your family and friends.

And we can’t forget my beloved Macy’s Day Parade!!!  I’m on a mission again to make it to Kona before it starts.  I just need to give the Mister a really good excuse as to why we have to leave before the crack of dawn.  I’ll be happy to be the driver while my family peacefully sleeps.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Jenn.

No comments: