Friday, November 16, 2012

Coffee Date


Good Friday morning to y’all!  Can you believe its Friday already?  Geez, where did the time go?  How’d this week go by in the blink of an eye?  I guess time flies when you’re having fun!  It’s Friday and we’re doing another round of Coffee Date.  I’m beginning to love this link up because I get to peek into the lives of other great women and see what’s been going on with them.   So, grab your cup of iced Pumpkin Spice Latte or whatever you prefer and let’s chat about life. 

If we were having coffee today, I’d tell you that I got the dreaded call on Tuesday informing me that I failed my 1-hour glucose test.  Oh man, I thought I was in the clear.   I went back yesterday for a 3-hour test and it was torture.  I was hungry and antsy and cold.  It didn’t help that the staff put on the TV to the food channel.  Gee thanks!  I have to sit here starving for 3 hours while I watch Paula Dean and whoever else whip up some yumminess.  It also didn’t help that I had to sit still for 3 hours.  Me and sitting still is not a good match.  But, I followed directions (no, really Jenn?) and read two whole magazines.  It had some pretty interesting stories like the girl who grew up in a storage shed and wasn’t allowed to speak to anyone.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’ve been here but not really here.  I decided to put my foot down and let the Radicals loose this week.  Have at it boys and play your little hearts out because we don’t care if the neighbors get mad.  I.Don’t.Care.Anymore.  I have to be honest and say that there were times that I got a knot in my stomach thinking about the things they could do to us but in the end I still said who gives a rip!  Oh, and I have to say that we did get the bird from them as they drove by.  Yeah, real mature.  Are we in high school?  I didn’t let it bother me because seriously, why give my energy to something as little and immature like that.  And I couldn’t help but laugh when Radical #1 said “mom, the neighbor waved at me!


If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that the above is the reason why I have half-written posts waiting to be completed.  One that is dedicated to my dad because he got all old and soft-hearted on me.  He complained that I didn’t write anything about him on my Facebook ‘About Me’ section.  Oy.



If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that the art project for the Radicals went well.  It was fun.  The outcome wasn’t what I had envisioned but I do have to remember that they are 3 and 4.  It’ll be up on the blog next week.  Their turkey pumpkin craft will be up on the blog next week too. Along with my DIY wreath.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m excited to be participating in Megan’s Ornament Swap again!  And this time, I’ll be on it.  It didn’t go so well last year because of me and my one-track mind (sorry Heather).  But, we live and we learn right?

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I totally got off track with the theme today.  I apologize because I’m speechless when it comes to this.  I don’t have any verses to share because the truth is; my mind turns to mush when I do my readings.  To be honest, I don’t understand and it wigs me out.  But what I will tell you is that I continue to cling on to Him daily and talk about my worries and frustrations and the more I do that, the easier it may be to understand eventually.  I mean, look at this past week.  I felt at peace.  I wasn’t the stressed-out-bitter-raging lady.  The Radicals were happy, the Mister was happy.  I was happy.

If we were having coffee, I’d ask how your week was.  Do you talk to Him on a daily basis?  Are you excited for Thanksgiving that is rapidly approaching?

Linking up here:

xoxo,  
Jenn.

No comments: