Well hello, Lovelies! It’s been a long, long time since I’ve posted but eh, what’s new right? Right. So, I don’t really feel like blasting y’all with a year’s worth of stuff in one post and I’m sure your eyeballs don’t want to be blasted either so in my (millionth) attempt to not let my blog go dry, I’m going to start off Ten for Tuesday. Wow, that was a long run-on sentence…hopefully the grammar-nazis don’t’ come to gong me. Here it goes, the top ten things I’m sharing before I go missing again. #funnynotfunny
1. It’s been a year since I last posted. It’s been so long that I forgot how to log into Blogger. It took me awhile, but I finally got it.
2. I think I finally convinced The Hubs to get me a laptop for my birthday. I was
kinda dramatic with my
reasons but I think he bought it. Even
though I’m still ancient with my desktop, I would
post more if I had a laptop. Just
3. Can I just say that the older your child(ren) get, the more radical they become. Or is that just my children? Radical #1 with his “but mom” or “but mom that’s not fair” or “but mom blah blah, the dinosaur ate my homework and so and so teased me so I forgot my snacks and I can’t focus because the chickens are calling me out to play so it’s the chickens fault?!!?” Seriously? I won’t even get into the start of Radical #2’s school year. And let’s just say that Radical #3 is soaking all of this in and plotting his attack against Mom in the near future. I think we should all collaborate and write a book and title it “What to REALLY expect for as long as you shall live once you become a mom.” Best seller right there…
5. The weather. Rain is great and all but holy guacamole has it been raining. A lot. Flash flood every other day. And why do people become speed racers when it’s raining? Safety first people.
6. I went swimming for the first time in 7 years. Like actual head-under-the-water-swim-like-a-fish kind of swimming. It was awesome.
7. Ironman is coming up…ugh. You know, I have nothing against triathlons and people who want to compete in them but I do have an issue with inconsiderate idiots who think they’re invincible. Do y’all have to train in the middle of town during traffic? And if you do, can you follow directions? I have wheels; you have wheels. We both have wheels so I think the rules apply to you too. It’s just like me overtaking a car on the right who’s turning right. Welcome, triathletes.
8. I got a new phone and it sucks! So, here’s to round #2 of phone hunting. Do you ever wonder how we survived without cellphones + technology?
9. Anyone want to share creative ways to remember to drink water? I’m all ears. I’m achy and sluggish and my headaches are back. I’m pretty sure there’s more to it than needing to drink more water – like eating – but baby steps first.
10. Although we are still in September, I’m super excited about the cookie exchange the BFF & I are doing this year. I got weird looks from the hubs but whatever, I’m excited! Who doesn’t love baking and sharing and drinking and a little competitiveness?
Well, there you have it. I will admit that it took a while to write this post. It was also hard to contain my ramblings into one post. I will back though. Until then, Happy Tuesday!