Monday, August 6, 2012

Blame it on the hormones!


Happy Monday and holy August!  When did that happen?  It makes me excited and nervous at the same time.  

I totally realize that the last time I posted was 2 weeks ago but I’ve been hiding under a rock.  Trust me when I say it was better for EVERYONE that I stay under said rock until I returned to acting like a normal human being. 

I spared the Radicals my “ucky” behavior but everyone else that came into contact with me?  Oy.  But luckily I was shown some mercy since I’m growing a human and my emotions are were whacked!   

For real.  

I was sensitive, emotional, bitter, snappy, irrational.  You get the point.  I sometimes found myself talking to myself saying “GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF, JENN!!!”  People annoyed me for reasons that did not exist.  Yeah, and the poor Mister.  I don’t know what else to say except “I’m sorry.”  

In the beginning he said I was a raging lunatic but he took it with a grain of salt; maybe because he knew this ridiculousness would end sooner than later.  I was horrible.  Stupid things that I would normally shrug off irritated the craziness out of me.  

I invented new meanings of questions he’d normally ask me.  Like “Hi hun, what did you guys do today?” translated to a sarcastic “did you do anything else besides sit around today?”  

Or here’s another one: the laundry and I have had issues and instead of folding and putting them away, I’d just pile it on the couch.  It was the norm for the Mister to head for the couch instead of the closet.   Anyway, I found the energy to fold and put away the whole pile and so far the couch has been free of laundry.  So one day during my “ucky” behavior he asked “Do I have any clean clothes?” which of course I took the wrong way and mumbled under my breath “What am I, your maid?  Do your own effing laundry then!”  

Yes, I hang my head in shame.  Poor guy, I don’t blame him for asking that because he got into the habit of going to the couch and when the couch is laundry-free, what else is he supposed to think?!  

We went to Outback one night and I really wanted Coconut Shrimp.  My brother ate the last one.  I was pissed.  I said “Where’s my shrimp?!” to which my mother quickly replied “I ordered another one!  Sheesh, calm down Jenn, it’s just shrimp.  Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.  

So yes, I’ve been horrible which is why I’ve been MIA.  But don’t fret, I’m back to normal and I’m hoping I stay this way for the rest of my pregnancy.  I will be back because I really do have so much to tell you.  Here’s hints of what’s to come: toilets, targets, nudity, the one time I thought the Mister was going to kill me, and bumpdates.  

But until then, I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!  And because these little stinkers put a smile on my face, I’ll leave you with this silly picture.


Jenn.

No comments: