Happy Tuesday! I was going to tell you what happened yesterday but this link-up sounds more fun. I’m linking up with Becky at From Mrs. toMama today and sharing a little about me.
1) How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? How has your blog changed? I’ve been blogging for a year. I was reading a dear friend’s blog one day and I clicked on another blogger that she follows, and from there I found all these others blogs. It looked like fun and from there The Jenn Diaries was born. At first I was hesitant on what content to share but now I feel that I’m more open now.
2) Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study? I went to college a couple years after graduating high school but dropped out because I was overwhelmed with work. I ‘m currently attending the University of Phoenix online studying accounting.
3) Where have you traveled? I’ve been to Canada for a conference while I was in high school and to California with the BFF. Other than that, island hopping is what we do.
4) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you buy? I would pay off my debts and set aside a “cushion.” Then I’d buy a haircut that is way overdue.
5) What are your 3 biggest pet peeves? People who don’t have manners, people who assume that being a SAHM means having tons of free time and the easiest job in the world, and people who have “crab syndrome.”
6) What is your favorite movie? Beauty and the Beast. That counts as a movie, right?
7) What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquior. Or water, soda, tea? Wine-Moscato but since I’m growing a human, sweet tea or ice cold water.
8) What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? I don’t live close to family or friends and the Mister is always working or fishing so ‘me’ time is pretty much non-existent right now. But if I have 15 or 20 minutes to spare, taking a shower in peace or sitting in complete silence is awesome!
9) If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be? Just one store?! Hmmm, I’d pick Target.
10) Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present. When the Mister and I was first dating…it was a typical “let’s go to the bar” night and apparently I drank way too much. I woke up the next morning with no recollection of the night and I guess as he was trying to be all lovey-dovey-kissy-touchy, I decided to have a throw-up session. He told me about it that morning and I thought for sure he would never call again. But I thought wrong because here we are 8 years later.
11) What day would you love to relive again? The days my Radicals embraced the world with their presence.
12) If your life was turned into a movie, what actress would you play? Um, I don’t have an answer to this. I guess I would play me…a day in the life of Jenn.
13) What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? I was one of my mom’s slaves in her flower shop. Retail at Kona Confections, Joy’s Aloha Wear, and Corners of the Pacific on the “Boardwalk.” Funny story: I would work the morning shift at Joy’s Aloha Wear and then the night shift at Corner’s of the Pacific which happens to be next to each other. Customers would come in, do a double take, and ask me “didn’t I just see you next door this morning?” Why yes, yes you did. I also worked at Bank of Hawaii and HFS Federal Credit Union.
14) Show us a picture from high school or college.
|this is very old school, like 11 years ago, old school.|
5) If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? New York for the Macy’s Day Parade.
16) Show us the most current picture of you, your family, or anything of meaning to you.
|Photo by Connie, www.islandbuzzy.com|
7) Where do you see your life 5 years from now? Back to work, married, and settled in a place of our own (preferably in Kona).
That was fun and now you know just a little more. Anything else you want to know, ask away. I’ll be back tomorrow with something; I just don’t know what yet. I’ve got lots of things swirling around this ‘ol brain of mine.